PHOTO COMPETITION 2023
Reckon you’ve got some awesome photos of your outdoor adventures? Or are you keen to test your photography skills?
EONZ is passionate about te taiao (the natural world), and we want your help to capture the different ways people enjoy and care for te taiao (the natural world).
We invite you submit your best outdoor photos for our 2023 photo competition. We are particularly interested in receiving photos that capture:
- Aotearoa landscapes / te taiao
- people enjoying the outdoors (including through outdoor recreation/education activities).
The competition is open to all people living in Aotearoa New Zealand. There are two entry categories:
- Rangatahi (for young people of school age, or younger)
The winner of each category will receive a $150 outdoor store gift voucher.
The photos you submit may be used in EONZ communications, marketing and promotions, including on our social media channels, emails and website. We will always credit (name) the photographer for any photos we use.
How to enter
- Entries open Thursday 18 May and close on Friday 9 June at 5pm.
- Email your image in high resolution mode, minimum 2MB, jpg or .jpeg file format as an attachment. Do not embed in Word or in the email, and do not provide a link to a website to be downloaded. The photos can be either landscape or portrait shape.
- Email your entries to: PLD@eonz.org.nz with 'EONZ Photo Competition' in the subject line.
- Your image file must be named with your first and last name (e.g., joe_bloggs). If you submit more than one photo, add a number following your name (e.g., joe_bloggs1).
- In your email, include the entry category (i.e., ‘rangatahi’ or ‘adult’), and the name, phone number and email address of the person who took the photo. You can only enter in one category type (regardless of how many entries you submit).
- If your photo includes identifiable individuals, you must get their permission to share and publish their image. If the person(s) is under 18 years old, you must get permission from their whānau/parent/guardian. Your email entry indicates you have done this.
- Only one image per email entry. You can enter as many times as you like.
Terms and Conditions
By submitting a photograph you agree to the following terms and conditions:
- ELIGIBILITY: The competition is open to anyone who resides in Aotearoa New Zealand, except for volunteers and staff/contractors of Education Outdoors New Zealand (EONZ).
- HOW TO ENTER: To submit a photo for entry in the competition the photo must meet the terms and conditions of the competition and emailed to PLD@eonz.org.nz and comply with conditions of entry. Entries will not be considered through any other means.
- PHOTO SUBMISSION PERIOD: The competition will run from the Thursday 18 May until Friday 9 June 2023 (until 5.00pm). The competition period may be changed at EONZ’s discretion.
- PHOTO REQUIREMENTS: The photo(s) must meet the following requirements. a. Photographs must be taken in Aotearoa New Zealand and depict the outdoors landscape | te taiao, and/or people engaged in outdoor activities. b. Photographs must be submitted as a .jpg or .jpeg file with a minimum 2MB and maximum 5MB file size. c. Entries must not have been a winner in any other photographic competition or be currently submitted for any other competition. d. All images must be originals.
- NUMBER OF ENTRIES: There is no limit to the number of entries you may submit. You may enter in one category only (“Rangatahi” or “Adult”).
- HOW TO WIN: The winner of each category (“Rangatahi” or “Adult”) will be determined by a judging panel appointed by EONZ. The ideal shot will include people participating in activities in outdoor landscapes | te taiao. Judges will look for diversity, originality, and creativity of the composition. Judging will be anonymous. The decision of EONZ is final, and no correspondence will be entered into concerning the competition’s judging and organisation.
- PHOTO WINNER NOTIFICATION: The competition winners will be announced on the EONZ Facebook page, the EONZ website, and any other social media or communications channels owned or managed by EONZ. Winners will also be notified by email and/ or telephone at the conclusion of the competition.
- PRIZES: The winner of each entry category (“Rangatahi” and “Adult”) will receive a $150 outdoor store gift voucher to be redeemed directly from EONZ.
- PHOTO USAGE: By submitting a photo, the entrant agrees to allow EONZ permission to use the image for the purposes of promoting EONZ or the competition, now and into the future, at no cost. The entrant also agrees to allow EONZ to use their photo for printed collateral, online, and across other marketing mediums, at EONZ’s sole discretion and at no cost. All images used by EONZ will be credited to the photographer, as stated in the competition entry form.
- PHOTO TALENT: By submitting the photo, the entrant declares that they have the permission of all IDENTIFIABLE individual(s) captured in photo(s) to share and publish their image for full usage rights by EONZ. Where the image shows any persons under 18, the consent of that person(s) parent/guardian has been obtained.
- PHOTO COPYRIGHT: In submitting a photo for entry, the entrant declares that they have taken the photo and own and have sole and complete intellectual property rights to the photo.
- CHANGES TO COMPETITION: The promoter reserves the right to change the prizes throughout the competition. Any change to prize/s will be updated in the competition terms and conditions and on the Education Outdoors New Zealand website.
- PERSONAL INFORMATION: The collection, use and disclosure of personal information provided in connection with this competition is governed by the Privacy Laws of New Zealand. Your personal information shall not be provided to any third parties without your prior consent but you do authorise EONZ to be able to contact you with information pertaining to the competition or related promotions.