PHOTO COMPETITION 2023
2023 WINNERS ANNOUCEMENT (August 15, 2023)
We were absolutely blown away by the number and quality of photos that we received from everyone for this year's competition. After considerable deliberation, the judges have made their selection.
We are delighted to announce CAITLIN GILLESPIE as the winner of the Adult category and WILL LESLIE as the winner of the Rangatahi category. Congratulations kōrua! You can see their winning photos below.
Thanks to those who submitted their photos, and also a big mihi to the judges who definitely had a difficult job selecting the winners! If you think you've got a winning photo, make sure to enter into the competition next year!
Terms and Conditions
By submitting a photograph you agree to the following terms and conditions:
- ELIGIBILITY: The competition is open to anyone who resides in Aotearoa New Zealand, except for volunteers and staff/contractors of Education Outdoors New Zealand (EONZ).
- HOW TO ENTER: To submit a photo for entry in the competition the photo must meet the terms and conditions of the competition and emailed to PLD@eonz.org.nz and comply with conditions of entry. Entries will not be considered through any other means.
- PHOTO SUBMISSION PERIOD: The competition will run from the Thursday 18 May until Sunday 9th July 2023 (until 5.00pm). The competition period may be changed at EONZ’s discretion.
- PHOTO REQUIREMENTS: The photo(s) must meet the following requirements. a. Photographs must be taken in Aotearoa New Zealand and depict the outdoors landscape | te taiao, and/or people engaged in outdoor activities. b. Photographs must be submitted as a .jpg or .jpeg file with a minimum 2MB and maximum 5MB file size. c. Entries must not have been a winner in any other photographic competition or be currently submitted for any other competition. d. All images must be originals.
- NUMBER OF ENTRIES: There is no limit to the number of entries you may submit. You may enter in one category only (“Rangatahi” or “Adult”).
- HOW TO WIN: The winner of each category (“Rangatahi” or “Adult”) will be determined by a judging panel appointed by EONZ. The ideal shot will include people participating in activities in outdoor landscapes | te taiao. Judges will look for diversity, originality, and creativity of the composition. Judging will be anonymous. The decision of EONZ is final, and no correspondence will be entered into concerning the competition’s judging and organisation.
- PHOTO WINNER NOTIFICATION: The competition winners will be announced on the EONZ Facebook page, the EONZ website, and any other social media or communications channels owned or managed by EONZ. Winners will also be notified by email and/ or telephone at the conclusion of the competition.
- PRIZES: The winner of each entry category (“Rangatahi” and “Adult”) will receive a $150 outdoor store gift voucher to be redeemed directly from EONZ.
- PHOTO USAGE: By submitting a photo, the entrant agrees to allow EONZ permission to use the image for the purposes of promoting EONZ or the competition, now and into the future, at no cost. The entrant also agrees to allow EONZ to use their photo for printed collateral, online, and across other marketing mediums, at EONZ’s sole discretion and at no cost. All images used by EONZ will be credited to the photographer, as stated in the competition entry form.
- PHOTO TALENT: By submitting the photo, the entrant declares that they have the permission of all IDENTIFIABLE individual(s) captured in photo(s) to share and publish their image for full usage rights by EONZ. Where the image shows any persons under 18, the consent of that person(s) parent/guardian has been obtained.
- PHOTO COPYRIGHT: In submitting a photo for entry, the entrant declares that they have taken the photo and own and have sole and complete intellectual property rights to the photo.
- CHANGES TO COMPETITION: The promoter reserves the right to change the prizes throughout the competition. Any change to prize/s will be updated in the competition terms and conditions and on the Education Outdoors New Zealand website.
- PERSONAL INFORMATION: The collection, use and disclosure of personal information provided in connection with this competition is governed by the Privacy Laws of New Zealand. Your personal information shall not be provided to any third parties without your prior consent but you do authorise EONZ to be able to contact you with information pertaining to the competition or related promotions.