Embedding Good Practice Systems for EOTC
This 1-Day workshop, drills down and critiques participant schools' EOTC processes using self-review and the sharing of practice. There is a strong focus on three key areas:
- Testing your system
- Refining your system
- Supporting your system
The PLD is relevant to primary and secondary schools.
Please note that the workshop is for those with experience in the application of accepted current EOTC management practice. If the criteria below do not apply, then the 2-day EOTC & Effective EOTC Management for Schools option should be chosen. If you are uncertain, contact us and ask.
Registrations for workshops to run in 2023 are open now. Please see below to book in your area.
The target participant is experienced as:
- The school EOTC coordinator, or
- SLT (with EOTC oversight), or
- The person regularly in Charge of EOTC events/Camp, or is the
- HOD/TIC of Outdoor Education
The participant should:
- Ideally, have attended EONZ 2-day EOTC PLD
- Have a thorough knowledge of the Ministry of Education EOTC Guidelines (2016), Bringing the Curriculum Alive and the EOTC Safety Management Plan template (SMP);
- Work in a school with an established and functioning EOTC management system, and
- Have experience in working with the above system
Why is this Workshop so important?
Listen here to the principal of Melville High School talking about their drowning tragedy and the lessons learned.
All workshops run from 8.45 am to 4.00 pm. Refreshments and lunch provided.
Please note that any workshop cancelled due to Covid restrictions will be fully refunded.
|Criteria||Rate (incl GST)|
Don't know if your school has an organisational membership? Contact us and ask.
Please note that payment is due prior to workshop attendance. Any workshop cancelled due to Covid restrictions will be fully refunded.
If you cancel more than 20 working days before the event, EONZ will refund your registration fee in full minus a 10% administration fee.
In the unlikely event that EONZ must cancel the workshop a full refund will be provided.
- Pedagogy & Curriculum focus PLD
- EOTC Management PLD
- EOTC & Effective Safety Management Systems
- Embedding Good Practice Systems for EOTC
- EOTC Through the Board Lens
- Tailored Expertise
- Provider workshops
- Qualification Subsidies for Teachers
- PLD Events
- Planning Safe Water-Based Experiences – On-line PLD
- Event Terms and Conditions
- Regional NCEA Hui
- EONZ/PENZ Hui Taumata 2023.