This professional learning project supports teachers and schools to develop localised, place-responsive and student-centred school camp programmes.
Guidance and suggested teaching and learning approaches for schools wishing to provide quality camp learning experiences for their students is offered.
See Re-visioning School Camps, a Teaching and Learning Resource for background information.
- Schools wishing to refresh and re-imagine their school camp practices
- Teachers who are interested in implementing innovative and sustainable camp programmes and practices
- Schools reviewing camp practices to better align with curriculum and future-focused teaching and learning
About the PLD
- THERE IS NO REGISTRATION COST for practicing teachers. The PLD has been made available through Networks of Expertise funding
- The PLD is relevant to teachers working across the primary and secondary education sector
- The 1-day workshop runs from 9.00 am - 4.00 pm
- The PLD supports participants for 6-9 months beyond the workshop to guide the development of practice
- Revisioning School Camps, A teaching and Learning Resource is used to underpin and guide this learning.
The PLD is now underway in 11 regions across the country.
Two further workshops will be held in Term 4 2019.
Whangarei: Tuesday 12 November
Palmerston North: Thursday 28 November
Venues will be confirmed