This PLD, which starts with a full-day workshop followed by 6-9 months of ongoing support, is now underway in 11 regions across the country. Subject to interest, further starter workshops will be held.
If you are interested in attending,
We'll contact you by mid-August 2019 with any confirmed dates and locations.
This PLD supports teachers and schools to develop localised, place responsive and student-centred school camp programmes.
It offers guidance and suggested teaching and learning approaches for schools wishing to provide quality camp learning experiences for their students.
The PLD begins with a 1-day workshop and continues with 6-9 months of continued support, which will assist teachers in implementing changes to practice. The recently released Revisioning School Camps, A teaching and Learning Resource is used to underpin and guide this PLD.
Who is this PLD for?
- This PLD is relevant to teachers working across the primary and secondary education sector. The underpinning resource, however, focuses primarily on teachers of learners in years 7-10.
- Schools wishing to refresh and re-imagine their school camp practices.
- Schools and teachers seeking support to review their camps and who are interested in implementing innovative and sustainable camp programmes and practices.
PLD is currently underway in the following clusters:
Auckland - North Shore
More about the PLD
- THERE IS NO REGISTRATION COST for practicing teachers. The PLD has been made available through Networks of Expertise funding.
- The 1-day workshop runs from 9.00 am - 4.00 pm.
- This PLD carries the expectation that participants will engage in 6-9 months of post-workshop activities and support with an intention to develop their practice.
- Morning tea is provided.