EOTC & Effective Safety Management Systems
Core EOTC PLD for schools
- Schools whose staff have not previously engaged with the Ministry of Education guidelines for EOTC.
- Schools with new staff
- Schools wishing to implement good practice systems, and/ or
- Schools seeking support with implementation and review
The PLD supports school staff to understand and implement good practice processes in EOTC and to embed the processes in programmes and school-wide safety systems.
The workshop series comes FREE to school staff and members of school boards of trustees through support from the Ministry of Education.
Most benefit is gained when a school can send at least two people, including a combination of the senior leadership team, the EOTC coordinator, and a lead practising teacher. Ideally, a third person is a member of the school board.
If experienced in the application of accepted current EOTC management practice and looking to critique your processes and share practice, then the 1-Day Embedding Good Practice workshop is for you. If you remain uncertain which PLD is the best fit, contact us for guidance.
There is an expectation that participants can attend both days.
More than 3 registrations from one school will be accepted if a workshop is not full.
Specific workshop aims:
- To support understanding of key concepts that underpin safe quality teaching and learning across all EOTC environments through an understanding of the Guidelines;
- To provide training on leading change consistent with accepted good practice;
- To build capacity within schools to maximise safety and learning across all EOTC contexts;
- To offer guidance in the implementation of key components of the Guidelines.
What previous attendees said:
"So many good resources provided to explore and to guide our review"
"Great to hear current EOTC practices and loved hearing the range of EOTC the tamariki experience"
"A great time to review our policies"
- Embracing Change 2022 - Secondary Schools Event
- Growing Connections and Confidence - NZ Primary Event 2022
- Pedagogy & Curriculum focus PLD
- EOTC Management PLD
- EOTC & Effective Safety Management Systems
- Embedding Good Practice Systems for EOTC
- EOTC Through the Board Lens
- Tailored Expertise
- Provider workshops
- Qualification Subsidies for Teachers
- PLD Events