Qualification Subsidies for Teachers
Subsidies are available to teachers working in New Zealand schools to complete the New Zealand Certificate in Outdoor Leadership (EOTC), designed specifically for teachers and EOTC coordinators in schools and kura, or private contractors providing these services to schools.
- leading EOTC activities (L4), and
- coordinating EOTC events (L5) in outdoor settings.
Get in touch with a Skills Active Learning Support Advisor (LSA) in your region for more information.
What makes this a valuable qualification?
Validates your role as a professional in EOTC to schools and parents
Gives formal acknowledgment of your specialist EOTC skills and knowledge
Is a valuable professional development opportunity
Provides a useful stepping stone in your career pathway
Subsidy for Practicing Teachers
Valued at $260 the subsidy is payable on completion of the award if you:
- Carry EONZ membership, or
- Have completed approved EONZ facilitated EOTC Management PLD since 2016.
To access the subsidy:
The subsidy is paid to the school by EONZ on completion of the qualification.
Send an email to EONZ to find out if you are eligible and what to do to gain access
Contact a Skills Active Learning Support Advisor (LSA), discuss intent and notify if you are eligible for a subsidy.
Submit a Skills Active Training Agreement as follows their website process. The LSA will support you.
Complete the coursework and assessment process to gain the award.
On completion of the award:
- Pedagogy & Curriculum focus PLD
- EOTC Management PLD
- EOTC & Effective Safety Management Systems
- Embedding Good Practice Systems for EOTC
- EOTC Through the Board Lens
- Tailored Expertise
- Provider workshops
- Qualification Subsidies for Teachers
- PLD Events
- Planning Safe Water-Based Experiences – On-line PLD
- Event Terms and Conditions
- Regional NCEA Hui
- EONZ/PENZ Hui Taumata 2023.