Training and qualification pathways for a range of disciplines in outdoor contexts are offered by universities, polytechnics, and other organisations, including through workplace training.
A number of options for full-time study are available, ranging from practical applied short-courses to full academic undergraduate and postgraduate degrees.
Other training pathways
- Through the Outdoor Recreation pathway offered by Skills Active Aotearoa a range of activity-specific qualifications can be attained, including the specifically designed NZC in Outdoor Leadership.
Find out about the New Zealand Certificate in Outdoor Leadership (EOTC). Designed specifically to validate competence in leading EOTC, the qualification attracts a Ministry of Education subsidy for practicing teachers. This is a qualification completed through workplace training.
- The New Zealand Mountain Safety Council (MSC) provides a compiled list of training providers
- Module-based training and assessment offered by AdventureWorks
- The New Zealand Outdoor Instructors Association (NZOIA)
- Pedagogy & Curriculum focus PLD
- EOTC Management PLD
- EOTC & Effective Safety Management Systems
- Embedding Good Practice Systems for EOTC
- EOTC Through the Board Lens
- Tailored Expertise
- Provider workshops
- Qualification Subsidies for Teachers
- PLD Events
- Planning Safe Water-Based Experiences – On-line PLD
- Event Terms and Conditions
- Regional NCEA Hui
- EONZ/PENZ Hui Taumata 2023.