Mātauranga Māori in Outdoor Education
This PLD is for Outdoor Education teachers wanting to develop their understanding of mātauranga Māori. Kaiako of all year levels and subjects are welcome however, there will be a small session focused on NCEA.
As part of this PLD you will
- Participate in a pōwhiri and noho marae/overnight stay.
- Examine and discuss the new Outdoor Recreation unit standards and the Te Ao Māori concepts within them such as karakia, pepeha, waiata, ngā atua.
- Explore the area and hear pūrākau and pakiwaitara of significant places from mana whenua.
- Have traditional skills and the tikanga of these skills shared by mana whenua.
- Plan next steps of action to integrate mātauranga Māori into your teaching practice.
The cost of this PLD is $85 to EONZ members and $125 to non-members to help cover kai and accommodation. Please let us know if you have any dietary requirements.
You will need to bring
- Blanket or Sleeping bag
- Sheet/Pillow case
- Suitable clothing and footwear for being in the outdoors
- Suitable clothing for getting wet/swimming/paddling a waka
- Anything else you need for an overnight stay
- Pedagogy & Curriculum focus PLD
- EOTC Management PLD
- EOTC & Effective Safety Management Systems
- Embedding Good Practice Systems for EOTC
- EOTC Through the Board Lens
- Tailored Expertise
- Provider workshops
- Qualification Subsidies for Teachers
- PLD Events
- Planning Safe Water-Based Experiences – On-line PLD
- Event Terms and Conditions
- Regional NCEA Hui
- EONZ/PENZ Hui Taumata 2023.